Mar 12, 2011

Who wants a figurine of their avatar?

Xbox 360 gamers give their avatars a lot of love and attention. Well at least I do.  Microsoft is now enabling you to use your Xbox Live likeness for custom made 3D figurines, Fathead wall graphics, and Zune etchings.



 In partnerships with Fathead, Figure Prints, and Zune Originals, Microsoft announced the avatar swag promo today.
Fathead wall prints of your avatar start at $80 for a 2×3′ and go all the way up to $150 for a 4×6.5′. Figure Prints 3D figurines cost $60 ($50 plus $10 shipping), and custom-engraving your Zune player will cost your $170.
For more details please go here.

BlackCanary007 sound off:
OK, look I really think this is a cool and novel idea but at the same time these prices are INSANE. I would have to shell out up to $150.00 for a damn glorified POSTER?! A figurine will cost me $50 bucks then you have the audacity to charge me for shipping?! Now the price for the Zune etching is debatable so I will give you a pass on that one but still! When my pockets do get lined with some cash I don’t see myself burning a hole into it in any near future for any of these items. Well at least not at these prices. What do you think?


Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. wow, the prices on these things are pretty crazy! Cool story though, I wonder how custom the live gaming experience will become in ten years???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty cool. Too bad I own the PS3... hopefully they will do something like that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I hadn't heard of this. I mean, the Avatar feature is cool, but I wouldn't go this far. Now, if they could make a way to make a 3D avatar that actually looks like you from head to toe using pics, and customize it to sport, eh I dunno, say some Halo or Black Ops gear, now THAT would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey come check out my gaming blog at http://bgameking.blogspot.com i would like to talk about games

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can take your Avatar to the next level by getting an Avatar Figurine. Get it first at Doppelganger Labs Center Court inside the Dayton Mall. You can get "Doppel-Fied" in your favorite game or movie character costume. We now can scan and print in 1:24 scale which is approximately 3.5" tall. This is excellent for a one of a kind, personalized board game piece for gaming such as "D&D" and "W.O.W"

    ReplyDelete