Sep 13, 2010

Reasons You Should Watch "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia"



One of my favorite television shows of all time is coming back this Thursday night September 16th for its 6th season. This show is no other than the cult favorite turned hit "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". This gem that truly started picking up steam when Danny DeVito joined the cast in season 2 has been described as "Seinfeld on Crack" and I have to agree with that assessment. The premise is simple--four selfish, ignorant, and despicable friends run a bar in Philly. That's it! That sums up the whole show. Like Seinfeld, the enjoyment from It's Always Sunny comes from the characters' eccentricities, ethical deficiencies, and relationships with one another.  So I am giving you the reasons why you should tune into this show!

Kaitlin Olson holds her own against the boys

Usually in a show of this magnitude where the guys are all around douches the lone female character is usually given the token task of being the voice of reason and the one that usually ends up being the butt of all the boys jokes. But not Sweet Dee who is played by Kaitlin Olson. She can be a even more selfish, self-centered douche the boys wish they could be and I love her for it. She comes up with crazy schemes and cons all on her own when the boys usually have to band together to come up with their hair brain plots. That makes Sweet Dee the biggest douche of them all in my book.

Did I mention Danny DeVito?

It has been said that Danny DeVito has been doing some of his best work since Throw Momma from the Train on this show and I have to agree. I have seen Danny go to some comedic limits on this show including busting out of a couch he was sew into completely nude! Getting Danny naked is comedy gold in my book.






Its envelope-pushing humor!

With subject matter Seinfeld would dare not touch like abortion, crack addiction, dumpster babies, Nazis, Male prostitution and disabled mental retardation just to name a few this show is always on the cutting edge and sometimes crosses the line with equally disastrous but hilarious results. It's sick, disgusting, and revolting, yet side-splitting at the same time.

No Laugh Track


They trust that their audience is smart and savvy enough to get the jokes so they leave it up to us to supply the laughs. I appreciate this so it is also one of my favorite features of this show.

Two Words CHARLIE KELLY!!!!

OK He’s functionally illiterate, he’s childish and naive. He’s Charlie Kelly (played by Charlie Day), the hilariously dim witted character who’s just as amoral as his awful friends, but somehow much more lovable and he never fails to make me laugh! Here are some of my favorite Charlie Kelly quotes:
 
From “The Gang Exploits a Miracle” (Season 2):

Preaching to his makeshift congregation: “Here's a confession: I’m in love with a man. What? I’m in love with a man ... a man named God. Does that make me gay? Am I gay for God? You betcha.”

From “Mac Bangs Dennis’ Mom” (Season 2):

Giving Dennis advice on how to deal with Mac having slept with Dennis’ mom: “What are you gonna do, hit him? No, that’s a terrible idea, I’ll tell you why: It doesn’t unbang your mom.”

From “The Waitress is Getting Married” (Season 5):

Ordering in a fancy restaurant: “Yes, my good man, I’ll have the milk steak, boiled over hard, and your finest jelly beans ... raw.”

















CLIPS











The new season of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" starts this Thursday night @ 10pm on FX!


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Good blog. I think the shows really funny. I think I'm gonna go on Netflix and catch up so I can comment further. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!!!!!!! so true!!!! best fuckin show on cable TV right now

    ReplyDelete