Jan 30, 2011

And The Role of Superman goes to?



That's right the new Superman movie being directed by Zack Snyder has cast their Man of Steel. Who do you think got the part? Well you have probably never heard of him and you might have a little trouble picturing him in that iconic blue, yellow and red costume but he has been cast nonetheless.

Henry Cavill is Superman

Henry Cavill has been cast as the new Superman. You may know from the Showtime's series "The Tudors". From what I hear he was on the short list to play Superman in Bryan Singer's version but Brandon Routh beat him out for the role. I guess Warner Bros decided that Brandon wasn't a good fit and decided to switch gears and give Henry the coveted role.




Here is what Zack Snyder had to say: "In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen," Snyder said. "I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and 'S' shield."

I for one am a little disappointed. I have seen Henry's work on "The Tudors" and I am not questioning his acting ability because that he can surely do. I am just having a little trouble picturing him in the role. But I am putting my faith in Zack and I am going to go with it and see what comes out of all this. I would have loved to see Tom Welling personally but I could understand why he would not be considered. If I was a producer I would worry that casting Tom Welling from the show Smallville would make my Superman movie instantly become "Smallville The Movie". But to be honest with you I have no idea why they recast Brandon Routh at all. He fit the role I think very well and he is as close as you are going to get to Christopher Reeve. It really wasn't Brandon's fault that last movie didn't blow audiences away. He could only work with what he was given.

Any thoughts? Concerns? Sound off in the comment section.



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. The Superman character is boring and he will always be boring no matter who plays him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Brandon it wasn't his fault that the movie sucked balls. It was a bad concept and script and it was really boring. That doesn't come down to the actor. They should have recast him instead.

    ReplyDelete